If you have Windows 10 or a later version, you can add email accounts to the Mail app to start sending and receiving email
Add a new email account
- Select Start, enter Mail, and choose the app from the results.
- If this is the first time you've opened the Mail app, you’ll see a Welcome page. Select Add account to get started.
If you've used the Mail app before, at the bottom of the left navigation pane, select Settings , and then choose Manage Accounts.
- Select Add account.
- Choose Advanced setup > Internet email, and enter the following information:
- Enter your Email address.
- User name This is your full email address.
- Password Enter your email account password.
- Account name This is the name you'll see in the left pane of the Mail app and in the Manage Accounts pane. You can choose any name you want.
- Send your messages using this name Enter the name you want recipients to see when they receive your message.
- In the Incoming email server, enter the incoming mail server address in the format of mail.domain (e.g. mail.example.com).
- Account type Choose POP3 or IMAP4. Most email accounts use IMAP4.
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server enter the outgoing email server address in the format of mail.domain (e.g. mail.example.com).
- By default, all four checkboxes at the bottom of the window will be selected. Your email account doesn’t require any changes to these options.