In some cases Internet Services Providers (ISPs) will block the outgoing mails from your default port, for this we encourage you to amend SMTP to port 587 by following these steps for changing your port number to 587, to deliver your sent mail.
Setting up your port to 587
For amending SMTP to port 587 do the following steps:
- Start Microsoft 2013, then go to files.
- Select Account and Social Network Setting, a popup window will appear.
- Make sure that you select an Email tap, highlight the account you want to change the outgoing port for, and click Change.
- Click on More Settings, the Internet email setting popup window will open.
- Select the Advanced Tab, Change the Outgoing Server Port to 587 and click OK, without using SSL in this case.
- Click Next.
- Outlook 2013 will test your settings when complete click Close.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close.
You should now be able to send mail via our outgoing mail server without being blocked by your Internet Service Provider.