We recommend that you encrypt all backups that are stored in the cloud storage, especially if your company is subject to regulatory compliance.
There are no length or complexity requirements for the encryption password.
Encryption in a protection plan
To enable encryption, specify the encryption settings when creating a protection plan. After a protection plan is applied, the encryption settings cannot be modified. To use different encryption settings, create a new protection plan.
For accounts in the Enhanced security mode, you cannot set the encryption password in a protection plan. You must set this password locally, on the protected device.
To specify the encryption settings in a protection plan
- On the protection plan panel in the Backup module settings, enable the Encryption switch.
- Specify and confirm the encryption password.
- Select one of the following encryption algorithms:
- AES 128 – the backups will be encrypted by using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) algorithm with a 128-bit key.
- AES 192 – the backups will be encrypted by using the AES algorithm with a 192-bit key.
- AES 256 – the backups will be encrypted by using the AES algorithm with a 256-bit key.
- Click OK.