What is FTP?
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used to transfer files from server to client and vice versa. To learn more about FTP please see this article.
To connect to your website using FTP. first, you need:
After creating an FTP account and downloading your favorite FTP client, follow this guide to connect to your website. We will use FileZilla in this guide, it is free, flexible and multi-platform.
Connect to the Website using FTP
Launch FileZilla, then follow these steps:
- Click at Open the Site Manager.
- to create a new site click Create Site.
- Enter the IP address of your site or domain.
- Change Encryption to Only use plain FTP insecure.
- Change the login type to: “ask for password“, which prompts you to enter your password after clicking Connect (Step 7).
- Enter your FTP account username.
- Once you're ready to start, click Connect.
After establishing an FTP connection, the remote site folders and files (website) will be listed to the right side and the local site folders (computer) will be listed on your left.