In this tutorial you will learn how to create account and delete an email account with cPanel, in general, An Email Account acts as a virtual address for Email Messages and contains information about your Username, Email Account Provider, Password and Email Settings. You can create email accounts that reflect your website’s domain name, access your email from a free web-based email client, or use the email client of your choice (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, or Apple Mail).
Create an email account
- Log in to the cPanel.
- Scroll through cPanel until you find the Email Accounts icon. Click on the icon.
- Email Accounts page will appear, Click on the button labeled Create.
- The Create New Account page will appear.
- Select the domain that you want to use for the email account. If you have multiple domains on this account.
- If you are using only one domain on the account, then only that domain will appear and you can move to the next step.
- Type in the user name that you want to use. Note that you can only use letters, numbers, periods, hyphens, and underscores for the name. The user name can only be up to 64 characters long.
- Set the password for the email account. You can set the password here or you can obtain an alternative email address that will send a link to the email account user so that they can set their own password.
- The password option also has a Generate option that allows you to randomly generate a secure password.
- Set Storage Space. By default the value is set to 250 MB. This space is the amount of space that the email account can occupy on the server. You can set this to a particular number or you can click on Unlimited.
- After you set the storage space for the email account, you will see an option named Automatically Create Folders for Plus Addressing. This option allows for folders to be created automatically if they are using Plus Addressing. You can also set it to not create folders.
- You can also opt to send a welcome email that instructs your user on how to setup a mail client. By default, this option is checked. If you don’t want to send the email, then simply uncheck the box.
- Click on the blue button labeled CREATE in order to create the account. if you wish to stay on the same page after the account is created, then check the box labeled “Stay on this page after I click Create.”
Delete an email account
- Log into cPanel.
- Click on the Email Accounts icon.
- The Account Settings page will appear, in the DELETE EMAIL ACCOUNT checkbox click DELETE EMAIL ACCOUNT.
- A confirmation message will appear, click Delete to complete the process.