In this article, you will learn how to create DNS records for subdomains from DNS management, firstly you have to know that the subdomains are URLs for different sections of your website. They use your main domain name and a prefix. For example, if your domain is ls.ly a sub-domain of your domain might be test.ls.ly.
You can create A record for subdomains from Client Area using DNS management as follow:
Creating DNS records for subdomains from DNS management
- Login to your Client Area account.
- From the main menu go to Domain Names > My Domain.
- A new page will appear, containing a list of your domains, click on the domain name you want to add a sub-record to.
- Manage Your Domain Name page will appear. From the Manage side menu select DNS Management.
- Click the Add Record button:
- In the Record field: Enter the subdomain you want to create.
- In the Type: field, make sure the record type is A.
- In the Content field: add the IP address of the server your domain is hosted on.
- Click Add Record.