In this article you will learn how to order and configure Google Workspace, Just signed up for your Google Workspace trial? Set up your Gmail, start your first video meeting, and make the most of your new services.
How to order Google Workspace
- Log in to your Client Area.
- From the menu go to Cloud Services > Order new service.
- From the Service, section click Google Workspace Cloud Services.
- Choose the package you want to order, and click Order Now.
- You need to select your domain name options, there are a bunch of options, including:
- Register a new domain
- Transfer your domain from another registrar
- I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers
- Click Continue.
- you need to Configure your desired options such as the number of users, and specifying your domain name.
- Continue to checkout by clicking Continue.
How to Configure Google workspace domain name
You verify your domain through your domain host (typically where you purchased your domain name). Your domain host maintains settings called DNS records that direct internet traffic to your domain name.
Get your verification code from Google Workspace
In any web browser, go to admin.google.com. Starting from the sign-in page, enter the email address and password for your admin account (it does not end in @gmail.com). An admin account has privileges to manage services for other people in your organization. The Admin console is only available when you're signed in to an admin account.
- If you see a list of Google Accounts on the sign-in page, be sure to choose your admin account (it does not end in @gmail.com).
- Click Continue to verify your domain with a TXT record.
- Look for your verification code in the setup tool and click Copy.
Go to your domain's DNS records
- In a second browser window or tab, sign in to your domain host account. For details, see Identify your domain host.
- Go to your domain’s DNS records. The page might be called something like DNS Management, Name Server Management, Control Panel, or Advanced Settings.
- Select the option to add a new record.
Add the verification record to your domain host
- For the record type, select TXT.
- In the Name/Host/Alias field, enter @ or leave it blank.
- Your host might require you to enter your domain, which looks like example.com, into this field. Your other DNS records might indicate what you should enter.
- In the Time to Live (TTL) field, enter 86400 or leave the default.
- In the Value/Answer/Destination field, paste the verification record you copied in step 1.
- Save the record.
Tell Google Workspace to check your verification code
- Click Continue.
- Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click Verify my domain.
Set up your business email
If you didn't activate Gmail during sign-up, you can do so now (or whenever you're ready). You need to change your domain’s MX records to direct mail to Google's mail servers. You can learn how to set up your records by reading this article: