In this lesson you will learn how to create a mailing list, you can use cPanel to create, modify and delete mailing lists for your website. With a mailing list, you can send a single message to many recipients at the same time. For example, you can create a email@example.com mailing list that you use to send a message to all of your customers at once.
There are several configuration options available for mailing lists. You can specify email addresses in a list, specify welcome messages for new subscribers, and more. cPanel uses Mailman List Manager to provide this functionality.
Create a mailing list in cPanel
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- From the Mail menu, click on the Mailing List icon
- The Create a mailing list page will appear, fill out the form
- Select the type of list (public or private), then click Add.
- To add email accounts to the list, click the Manage button next to the name of the list you created.
- Go to Membership Management > Mass Subscription.
- Under Mass Subscriptions, you will find the default settings which you can change as desired.
- Enter email accounts in the specified blank field (Enter one address per line below…) one by one, or upload a csv file as an attachment.
- If you want to add additional text to the subscription notice or the invitation message that will reach the recipients, enter the desired text in the next field.
- Click Submit Your Changes to save changes.
- To configure an automatic action for messages sent by people who are not in the list such as: (accepting them, holding them supervised, ignoring them, or rejecting them), go to Privacy Options >> Sender Filters.
Create a mailing list in Plesk
- Log in to your Plesk account.
- Go to Mail >> Mailing Lists >> Create Mailing List.
- Fill out your information:
- Create an address for the mailing list in the Mailing list address field.
- Enter the list administrator's email address in Mailing list administrator's email field.
- To add users to the mailing list, type their email addresses into the Subscribers field, one address per line.
- Click OK to save changes.