In this article, we will cover all the important sections on how to manage domain names using the client area, such as how to renew or transfer or enable or disable register lock.
Manage domain names using Client Area
as the first step to managing domain names using the client area, do the following:
- Log in to your Client Area account.
- From the homepage click Domains, then from the My Domains list click on the domain name you wish to manage.
- You will be redirected to the domain management page.
On this page, you will find some basic information such as First Payment Amount, Recurring Amount, and Next Due Date. Pay special attention to the Next Due Date and always make sure to renew your domain in sufficient time before this date.
- By default Auto-Renew option is enabled, and you can disable it from the Auto-Renew tab (on the right side) by clicking on Disable Auto-Renew.
- Enabling this option will automatically send you a renewal invoice before your domain expires.
In the Nameservers tab, you can edit your domain’s nameservers. You need at least one name server for each domain.
Registrar Lock option
Registrar Lock is an additional security measure to protect your domain from being transferred without the registrar’s approval, Please pay careful attention not to disable this feature unless you actually need to transfer your domain.
DNS Host Record Management option
At LibyanSpider we offer DNS Host Record Management addon to manage DNS records such as A, NS, MX CNAM. To learn more about how to activate this addon, please contact us.
- To change or add DNS records click on Manage.
Contact Information Management option
In Contact Information, you can edit the domain information which may include: name, address, email, phone number, and administrative and technical contacts. This information is often referred to as “WHOIS data.”
Private NameServers option
In Private NameServers, you can add a customized name server for your company for branding purposes.
DNS Management option
In DNS Management you can add and edit DNS records for your domain such as A, MX, and CNAME records. To add a DNS record, Enter Host Name, select Record Type, write Address then click on Save Changes
- Those records can also be edited from Addons > DNS Host Record Management.
Finally, you can renew your domain from Actions > Renew, select your renewal amount and click on Add to Cart then Checkout.
- To register a new domain go to Actions > Register a New Domain.
- You can also transfer your domain to LibyanSpider and extend your domain by 1 year from Actions > Transfer in the domain.