in this article, you will learn how to Protect your account with 2-Step VerificationTurn on 2-Step Verification in Google Workspace account. With 2-Step Verification (also known as two-factor authentication), you add an extra layer of security to your account in case your password is stolen. After you set up 2-Step Verification, you’ll sign in to your account in two steps using:
- Something you know, like your password
- Something you have, like your phone
Turn on 2-Step Verification
- Open your Google Account.
- In the navigation panel, select Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” select 2-Step Verification > Get started.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
Verify it’s you with a second step
After you turn on 2-Step Verification, you’ll need to complete a second step to verify it’s you when you sign in. To help protect your account, Google will request that you complete a specific second step.