As per ICANN's WHOIS Accuracy Specification RAA Whois Accuracy Program, we are required to verify any email address used as the Registrant role for domains. It is therefore critical that you verify your email address to avoid deactivation of your domain(s).
We require email address verification if:
- A new domain is registered with unverified contact information.
- We are notified or have reason to believe that an account's contact info is invalid.
Resend verification via Client Area
If you have a contact verification banner in your domain name account, you must log in to the account the domain is registered in to verify your email address is active and accurate.
- Log in to your Client area account.
- Go to Domains > My Domains.
- Click the domain name you wish to verify from My Domains list.
- You will be transferred to the domain management page, in the Manage side menu, click Contact Information.
- If you see a yellow notification banner at the top of the page, click Resend Email.
- Visit your email account, open the verification email, and click the verification button or link.
After verifying your contact information, our system will update your domain name from a Pending WHOIS status to a Verified status within 24 hours.
If you do not receive a verification email, you should:
- Check your email spam and junk folders.
- Update your registrant or client area email address.
- Make sure our email email@example.com isn't on your blocked sender list.