What does FTP Account mean?
A file transfer protocol account (FTP account) is a type of user account that enables the transfer of files with a host computer by using FTP services.
How to create an FTP account
- Login to your account at the Client Area.
- Click at Hosting and Services > My Hosting and Services.
- On the My hosting and services page, click on the service you want to create an FTP account for.
- Manage Product page will appear, under the Manage Account section click on the FTP Accounts icon.
- The FTP Accounts page will appear, click on Create FTP Account button.
- A pop-up window will appear, Enter the following data to create an FTP account:
- Enter the login username.
- Select the domain you want to create the FTP account for.
- Enter the password in the Password field. Or click Create Password to generate a strong, random password.
- Enter the directory path you want the FTP account to be able to access. The best practices in case using cPanel enter “/public_html” in the directory field, in case of using Plesk panel enter “/httpdocs”.
- Enter the quota manually in megabytes, or set an unlimited quota.