In this article you will learn How to add users and assign roles in Plesk, Plesk Panel allows you to create various control panel users with different roles. Each user will be able to login to the Plesk control panel and will have access to certain and predefined functionality depending on the roles that the admin assigns to the user. This article will explain how to manage user roles and how to create additional Plesk users.
Create User Roles
- Login to Plesk Panel.
- Click on Users.
- Go to User Roles > Create User Role.
- Type a name for the new role you are creating.
- Grant all the services that a user of this role will be able to manage. In this tutorial, we are giving the user the ability to Create and manage additional FTP accounts.
- Click on OK button.
After creating User Roles you can create users and assign a role for the user created.
- Go to User > User Accounts > Create User Account.
- You will need to provide details such as the user’s contact name, email, username, and password.
- Click the OK button.
Test user role
- Browse to your Plesk Panel login page. (i.e https://ws04.server.ly:8443)
- Login by using the new user email and password. (email@example.com in our tutorial)
- You will see all functions and services you assigned for the user.