The following lesson will guide you through the CSR generation process on Plesk.
What is CSR?
A Certificate Signing Request (CSR code) is a block of encoded text that contains the information about the organization that applies for an SSL certificate, and the domain that needs to be secured. A CSR is what you give to the Certificate Authority to generate your SSL certificate. It is an essential part of obtaining an SSL certificate.
Generate a CSR for Plesk
- Log in to Plesk.
- In the Website and Domain page, click on SSL/TLS Certificate under the Security section.
- Under Download or remove existing certificates, click on Manage.
- Click Add SSL/TLS certificate.
- Enter a friendly name, use 2048 Bits, fill out the request form and click on Request.
- Click on the specified name (as entered in the previous step) under the Items list.
- Click into the CSR text box that’s presented, and copy all of the text (including BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST and END CERTIFICATE REQUEST) and save it for SSL generation.