This article will show you how to redirect your domain using Client Area. This method allows you to redirect a particular web page to another page and display the contents of that page. There are two types of redirection, temporary and permanent:
- Temporary directives send a status with code 302 to the browser that tells the browser not to save this directive to its cached data. This is the recommended type of redirect unless you are absolutely sure that you will never change it in the future.
- Permanent redirects have a code of 301 and, unlike temporary ones, they are always stored in the browser's memory.
Redirect your domain to another webpage
- Log in to your Client Area account.
- Go to Cloud Services > My Hosting and Services.
- From the list of hosting packages, click on the service you want to redirect.
- A new page will appear from the Manage Account side menu click on Domain Redirects.
- Click Create Forwarder, a pop-up form will appear. Fill in the following information:
- Choose the type of Redirect.
- Choose the domain name and directory you want to redirect.
- Enter the directory you want to direct users to.
- Specify whether to redirect with or without www. Using the following options:
|Only redirect with www||Users who type www will be redirected|
|Redirect with or without www||Users will be redirected with or without typing www|
|Do Not Redirect www||Users who type www will not be redirected|
6. Press Wild Card Redirect if you want to redirect all files within the directory to the same file name in the new directory.
7. Click Add.