Softaculous is a tool within your cPanel that you can use to easily install software such as WordPress or Joomla. Using Softaculous to install software is not just easy, it is a big time saver because it automates many of the tedious tasks involved with software installation.
Software installation steps
In this tutorial, we will show you how to install software using Softaculous. Even though there are over 200 programs you can install with Softaculous, the installation procedure for each one follows the same basic steps.
Finding the right software
- Log into your cPanel
- Click the Softaculous link, which is located under the Software/Services section
- Click on the software you would like to install
Types of software that can be installed:
|If you want to browse through the available software you can install using Softaculous, click on any category in the left menu. For example, if you’re interested in finding software you can use to run a blog, click the Blogs category. You will then see a listing of blogging applications show.||Under Top Scripts, you will find a listing of the most popular programs being used on the web today. For example, WordPress, one of the most popular programs on the web, is listed at the top of the list.|
- Click the Install button (located above the description of the software)
- Fill out all of the installation details and then click the Install button at the bottom of the page.
- If you want to email yourself a copy of these installation details for later reference, enter your email address next to Email installation details to (located towards the bottom of the page).
- After clicking the Install button, you will see a progress bar dictating how much time is left for the installation. When your new software has been installed, you’ll see a message similar to the following: Congratulations, the software was installed successfully.
- You will then generally see two links, one link to your new site and the other a link to your site’s login page.