Managing security group rules – LS Cloud. You can modify security groups by adding and removing rules. Editing rules are not available. If you need to change the existing rule, remove it and recreate it with the required parameters.
- You have a security group created, as described in Creating and deleting security groups.
To add a rule to a security group.
- Click the security group to add a rule on the Security groups screen.
- Click Add in the Inbound or Outbound section to create a rule for incoming or outgoing traffic on the group right pane.
- Specify the rule parameters:
- Select a protocol from the list or enter a number from 0 to 255.
- Enter a single port or a port range. Some protocols already have a predefined port range. For example, the port for SSH is 22.
- Select a predefined subnet CIDR or an existing security group.
- Click the check mark to save the changes.
As soon as a rule is created, it is applied to all virtual machines assigned to the security group.
To remove a rule from a security group.
- On the Security groups screen, click the required security group.
- Click the bin icon next to a rule you want to remove on the group right pane.
As soon as a rule is removed, this change is applied to all virtual machines assigned to the security group.