when it comes to Changing your PHP Version in cPanel you must know The inherit PHP version on our hosting servers can change on occasion as new versions come out and old versions become unsupported. You can view the timeline availability of PHP versions directly from cPanel here.
If the inherit PHP version is upgraded on our servers, it is in your best interest to update your site code to stay up to date with the latest versions that are supported. However, if you need to revert your PHP version back to the version that best suits your site code as a temporary fix, you can do so from within your hosting cPanel. The instructions for updating the PHP version for your website(s) are listed below for our web hosting plans.
How to change PHP version
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- On the SOFTWARE menu, click Select PHP Version icon.
- A new page will appear, click on the arrow corresponding to the version of PHP currently used.
- A list containing all other versions available on the server will appear, choose the version that best suits your site from the drop-down list, then click Set as current.
- A list of all its extensions will appear, you can activate a specific extension or revoke another, by checking the checkbox corresponding to the extension.
- Click Save to save the new settings.
- If you want to restore the default settings, you can click the Reset to default button.
- To configure the settings, click the Switch to PHP Options button and make the appropriate adjustments for you.
- After completion click the Switch to PHP extensions button the and settings will be saved.