How to manage Addon Domains in cPanel with this article, you will get to know more about Addon domains allow you to control multiple domains from a single account. An addon domain links a new domain name to a directory in your account and then stores its files in that directory.
Create an addon domain
in the first part of how to manage Addon Domains in cPanel, you will learn how to create an addon domain
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- The Control Panel home page will appear, at the Domain menu, click on the Addon Domains icon.
- Enter the new addon domain's name in the New Domain Name text box. When you enter the domain name, cPanel automatically populates the Subdomain and Document Root text boxes.
- To create multiple addon domains with the same username and different extensions (for example,
example.net), manually enter a unique username in the Subdomain text box.
To choose a document root other than the automatically populated value, manually enter the directory name in the Document Root text box.
Create an FTP account associated with the Addon domain
- cPanel automatically populates the FTP Username text box. To select a different FTP account username, manually enter the desired username.
- Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.To create an FTP account for the new addon domain, select the Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain checkbox.
If you select this checkbox, additional settings will appear:
- Click Add Domain.
To add files to the addon domain’s home directory, click File Manager.
When you create an addon domain in the cPanel interface, the system automatically creates a subdomain. To alter or delete the subdomain after you create it, you may alter or delete the information that the addon domain's website displays.
Also, when you create an addon domain, parked domain, subdomain, or main domain, the system will attempt to automatically secure that domain with the best-available existing certificate.
Search addon domains
To search the list of addon domains, do the following steps:
- Enter the search criteria into the Search box.
- Click Go.
The interface lists results that match your search criteria.
Enable or disable addon domain redirection
To disable or enable redirection of an addon domain, perform the following steps:
- Click Manage Redirection for the addon domain that you wish to manage.
- To redirect the domain, enter the link to which you wish to redirect the addon domain.
- Click Save, or, to disable the redirection, click Disable Redirection.
Remove an addon domain
To remove an addon domain, perform the following steps:
- Click Remove for the addon domain that you wish to remove.
- Click Yes.