One of the things that helps maintain your domain name via cPanel is that you also get the ability to create custom email accounts for that domain. You can do this through the EMAIL menu in cPanel. Here, you can perform several functions, the first of which is creating and managing email accounts.
Configuring Your Email
Now that you've set up an email account, how can you use it? You have two main options:
- Configure your email in an email client such as Gmail, Apple Mail, or Outlook.
- Use one of the webmail tools.
Configuring Email in an Email Client
To configure your email locally, from the cPanel main control panel, click on Email Accounts in the Email menu.
- A list of all registered email addresses will appear. Click on Connect Devices next to the account you want to configure.
- Once you reach this page, navigate to the section called Mail Client Automatic Configuration Scripts.
- You'll find a list of email client setup applications. Click the link corresponding to the application you want to use and follow the remaining steps.
Access Your Webmail
To access your webmail, follow these steps:
- From the cPanel, click on Email Accounts in the Email menu.
- A list of all registered email addresses will appear. Click on Check Mail next to the account you want to set up.
- A new page will appear. Go to the section called Open your inbox.
- Click the Open button.